Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Scrubbed In

Joel, Cohen, and I spent Halloween night handing out candy and watching one of my favorite '80s movies, Silver Bullet. Cohen was a doctor for Halloween.

This past week has been busy for me. I've been writing papers, studying for quizzes and caring for Cohen. Joel has been working hard too. He started his pediatric rotation last week and has been working 12 hour days. Cohen had another doctors appointment to check weight last thursday. He was up four ounces in seven days, so the doctor was content. Each time we go to the doctor and "pass" the weight test we buy more time between doctors visits. So the next time we go will be next week which will be 11 days since our last visit.

It's been so nice out this past week that we were able to take Cohen outside!!! We went for a walk and had a chance to try out the new stroller. It is awesome! Thank you Len & Sammy! We can't wait to take it off road in the future.

Also, I am starting the process of trying to find a nanny/babysitter for next semester while I'm in class. I would like to keep Cohen out of daycare until spring time when flu/RSV season is over and this seems to be the answer. Feel free to contact me if you know anyone who may be interested. We are an equal opportunity employer:^)

Oh yeah, I've been so excited for election day and it's finally here. Voting always feels so good! The night isn't over yet, but it looks like things are headed in a new direction. YAY!!!

5 comments:

Erin said...

My favorite doctor ever!! He even looks like he enjoying the holiday already ;)

Heather said...

Cohen looks adorable! Glad you found a costume that fit him too! I hope all is going well at home and Cohen is being a rockstar eater!

Anonymous said...

Cohen is so adorable! Great costume choice. We are happy to hear that he's home and you guys are doing well.

Anonymous said...

I distinctly remember watching Silver Bullet at your house back in the day, a funny memory for me... Take care and let me know if/which books you'll need next semester.

Leah said...

Heather- Cohen has been a serious rockstar eater this past week!!! What a difference from a few weeks ago...these changes & his growth are just plain amazing.