Tuesday, July 26, 2011

When it rains it pours!

Yesterday Jovie took her very first baby steps!! Two consecutive little steps!! Can't believe my baby will be walking around soon.
And yesterday Cohen nailed all the major colors. We have been working on our colors for a long time but for the last 3 or 4 weeks I've been making sure we devote at least 10 minutes (that's about Cohen's max for a "lesson") to talking about and practicing color recognition. For the longest time, he knew blue. I would point to something blue and ask him what color it was and he would know that it was the same color as Doc Hudson from Cars, so he would either say "blue" or "that's like Doc". We used this kind of recognition for many of the colors he learned. And last night he nailed all his colors and didn't divert to calling things green when he wasn't sure, which is what he used to do. Cohen showed dad his new color skills when he got home and got them all right again. So cool!!
Also last night, we were playing outside for about 20 minutes before bed and Cohen totally got the hang of pushing his pedals on his tricycle! He was so excitied when he figured out he could make the tricycle move by himself, while sitting down no less.
Also, this weekend we went swimming and Cohen showed me all his new skills he's learned in swim class. It was a huge difference from the weekend before! I guess that's what 3 swim lessons per week will do for you;) He was holding his head under for 3+ seconds, he jumped in and the kept his head down and kicked over to me. And we would go under together and open our eyes too! So cool! I was super excited about his new swim skills and it makes me want to practice more and more! All these exciting developments just bring out the Tiger mother in me and make me want to do more and more with him. Neurons are a firin' and I love it!!

No comments: